UK’s Kevin Knox picked it up and finished a highly contested layup while being fouled to give Kentucky a 53-50 lead.
Bowden kept battling back for the Vols, scoring four straight before Williams made two free throws to tie the game 56-56 with 1:53 to play.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander put Kentucky ahead with a floater over a leaping Kyle Alexander, but then Turner hit his big 3-pointer.
Kentucky went on an 8-2 run sparked by a pair of big blocks on the defensive end and a Weynen Gabriel 3-pointer to take a 22-19 lead.
Williams had 10 points for Tennessee, eight of which came at the free-throw line, as the Wildcats did a strong job defensively in stopping the sophomore forward.
Rick Barnes said the Vols weren't surprised to see Kentucky consistently double team Williams, who averages more than 16 points per game.
- Vols, not Cats, come up clutch down the stretch in RuppLexington Herald Leader
- No. 15 Tennessee edges No. 24 Kentucky 61-59Virginian-Pilot
- 3 things about Tennessee basketball's historical 61-59 win at KentuckySECcountry.com
- No. 24 UK basketball folds down the stretch in loss to No. 14 Tennessee VolunteersThe Courier-Journal
- Last minute shot lifts No. 15 Tennessee over Kentucky, 61-59WBIR-TV
- Sense of urgency, tough stretch ahead for No. 24 KentuckyYahoo Sports
- Tennessee vs. Kentucky odds: Picks from an expert who is 11-2 on UK gamesCBSSports.com
- Two late turnovers cost Kentucky basketball against the VolsWildcat Blue Nation
- FINAL: No. 15 Tennessee 61, No. 24 Kentucky 59: Recap, analysis, box scoreSECcountry.com