20 Michigan on Tuesday night at Allstate Arena — NU’s best victory of the season — Collins was heavy on the sarcasm when he spoke to reporters.
Michigan (19-7, 8-5), which beat Northwestern 58-47 in another low-scoring affair eight days ago, made only 5 of 20 shots in the second half this time around.
After a slow start, the Wildcats came out firing in the opening three minutes of the second half to take their first lead and never looked back.
Bryant McIntosh tied a season high with 24 points and Scottie Lindsey added 19.
The Wildcats seem to have turned a corner, but fans may wonder if it’s too late to make an Ncaa Tournament push with six games remaining.
The victory over Michigan is Northwestern’s only one against a ranked opponent, and the Wildcats are 1-8 against the top 100 RPI (Ratings Percentage Index).
However, Collins is reminding his players there’s time left to make an impression on the NCAA tournament selection committee.
- Cold spell dooms Michigan in loss to NorthwesternThe Detroit News
- Northwestern upsets No. 20 Michigan behind McIntosh's big nightBig Ten Network
- Michigan's Moe Wagner scores 20, but UM falls, 61-52, to NorthwesternDetroit Free Press
- Cold second-half shooting costs Michigan in rematch with WildcatsMLive.com
- Michigan falls at Northwestern on the road amid offensive slumpMaize n Brew
- Michigan-Northwestern basketball: Live updates, stats, TV channel (February 6 ...Landof10.com
- Rapid Recap: Northwestern 61, Michigan 52The Daily Northwestern
- College basketball: Get to know Michigan's Charles MatthewsNCAA.com
- UM's Livers draws attention, looks to get aggressiveThe Detroit News