The Italian, who was in charge of the Azzurri at Euro 2016, had been linked with a return to the role amid speculation over his Stamford Bridge future.
Roberto Fabbricini, the new head of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), said just last week that Conte was on the shortlist to take charge of Italy after the World Cup .
‘As Conte reiterated the other day, he wants to continue working as a coach on a day-by-day basis at club level for at least the next 18 months, the length of his Chelsea contract, so he has pulled out of the running.’
The comments follow those made by Conte ahead of the weekend, in which he said he intended to see out his contract at Stamford Bridge.
From the start of the season, after our defeat to Burnley, there was a lot of speculation about me being sacked but I’m not interested in this.
READ MORE (Metro)
- Conte faces continuing uncertainty over Chelsea futureReuters
- Watford vs Chelsea confirmed team news: Giroud benched, Alonso missing ...Express.co.uk
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is a goner: Diego Simeone will get the nod - Joey ...Daily Star
- Watford forward Richarlison reveals Chelsea star Willian has been giving him tipsMetro
- Chelsea news LIVE updates: Conte huge demand, Reus transfer claim, Giroud must ...Express.co.uk
- Chelsea news: Joey Barton predicts who will be next Blues managerExpress.co.uk
- Watford v Chelsea Betting Preview: Latest odds, stats and best bets for Monday ...Goal.com
- 'Winner' Conte rejects claim player power will decide Chelsea fateGoal.com
- 'He's a dead man walking who's been yelping all season' - Joey Barton's frank ...Mirror.co.uk