Sony has announced that the company will be updating its popular mid-level Gold Headset.
Maintaining the previous version's $100 price point, this update sports thicker ear cups, bringing it closer to the design aesthetics of the premium Platinum headset and the discontinued Pulse headset.
It appears that the only notable feature that is not present in this new model are the hinges on the lower part of the headband that let consumers fold the headset for convenient storage.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, product marketing manager Steve Schwartz said that the improved over-ear cushions will make it comfortable for long play sessions.
He also added that the headset will feature 7.1 virtual surround sound and microphone noise cancellation.
Also included is a 3.5mm audio cable, making it compatible with PlayStation VR and mobile devices.
Designed with PlayStation 4 games in mind, the new Gold Wireless Headset will be compatible with the PlayStation Headset Companion app, which features a number of custom audio modes.
- Sony Introduces New Gold Wireless Headset For PS4 and PS VRIGN India
- Sony Unveils New Gold Wireless Headset Coming Later This MonthExpressNewsline
- Sony insists that its new Gold Wireless Headset is indeed a new productThe Verge
- PS4 Gold wireless headset is actually blackSlashGear
- PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset Redesign is Coming to Shelves SoonWccftech
- January's PlayStation Plus Free Games Are Gone Tomorrow, Grab Them NowComicbook.com
- PlayStation Plus February 2018 Titles: 'Knack,' 'RiME,' 'Grand Kingdom,' and ...Christian Post
- PS5 Release Date News: New Console Could Be The Solution To Sony's Dropping ...Christian Post
- The PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset Gets a New Design Coming Later This MonthCOGconnected