Fernando Alonso believes the braking problem that dropped his United Autosports Ligier 26 laps off the lead has cost his team a possible top-five result.
A puncture sustained during team-mate Phil Hanson's stint followed by Alonso suffering a brake problem combined to drop them 26 laps behind the leaders.
After the incident, Alonso explained on Instagram: "Unlucky situation with Phil; we had a puncture just before I jumped in the car.
Penske led the race at the halfway mark after its Acura overhauled the Action Express Cadillac.
Unlimited news / month The Debrief newsletter Autosport Plus features Forix motorsport statistics See prices and packages
- Alonso after brake issues: “We will try our best until the last lap”Motorsport.com, Edition: Global
- George replaces injured Cousins on Team LeBronFOXSports.com
- Fernando Alonso talks with Jeff Gordon about his first start in the Rolex 24 ...FOXSports.com
- Fernando Alonso Actually Took the Lead at the 2018 Rolex 24The Drive
- Fernando Alonso qualifies United Autosports 13th for Daytona 24 HoursNewburgh Gazette
- Fernando Alonso says chances of racing in 2018 24 Hours of Le Mans is '50-50'Autoweek
- Albuquerque leads after first hour at Daytona, Alonso 14thcrash.net
- Balance of Performance hurting United - AlonsoRacer
- Rolex 24, Hour 2: Alonso leads a lapRacer