XNasdaq 100 futures led the premarket session, rising almost 0.6% as Intel ( INTC ) and China's JD.com ( JD ) posting the strongest early moves.
Friday is not a big day for economic news , but markets could see some effect from the Commerce Department's initial estimates on fourth-quarter GDP growth, due out at 8:30 a.m.ET.
Apple ( AAPL ) climbed 0.8% in premarket trade, while Netflix ( NFLX ) led the FANG stock tech leaders with a 0.9% gain.
Asia's stock markets were sharply mixed on Friday, with Tokyo's Nikkei 225 slipping 0.2% as the dollar continued its dive vs. the yen.
- Intel Upgraded As Valuation Fears DissipateBenzinga
- Chips are up for Intel despite media Meltdown over SpectreSiliconrepublic.com
- Intel to ship chips with built-in protection against Meltdown and Spectre ...Firstpost
- Are updates, patches for Meltdown/Spectre flaws any good?WTOP
- Intel's data centre sees an increase in sales but warns of a future fallout ...Firstpost
- 5 Biggest Price Target Changes For FridayBenzinga
- Intel (INTC) CEO Brian Krzanich on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call TranscriptSeeking Alpha
- Intel reports 4.1% rise in quarterly revenueGkMen
- Intel Announces Q4 2017 and FY 2017 ResultsAnandTech