SILVER SPRING TWP., Pa. - The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Wednesday ordered the immediate suspension of Construction on the Mariner East 2 pipeline, citing a series of violations that have taken place.
Jeffrey Shields, a spokesperson for Energy Transfer, which is responsible for the Sunoco pipeline's construction, issued the following statement:
We intend to expeditiously submit these reports and we are confident that we will be reauthorized to commence work on this project promptly.
We also reiterate our commitment to the highest levels of construction expertise and our dedication to preserving and protecting the environment in which we conduct our work."
"I think it's silly, really, because it's going to go through; they're not going to waste all this money," said Stephan Smolen, who lives near the Silver Spring Township construction site.
- Pennsylvania shuts down construction on Sunoco gas pipelinePittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Overnight Energy: Pennsylvania halts work on pipeline | Washington state sued ...The Hill
- DEP shuts down construction on Mariner East 2 pipelinePhiladelphia Business Journal
- Pa. shuts down construction on Sunoco gas pipelineThe Columbian
- DEP halts construction of Sunoco's $2.5B Mariner East 2 pipelinePhilly.com
- Pennsylvania DEP says enough is enough, halts work on Mariner East 2 pipelinePhillyVoice.com
- Pennsylvania stops construction of Energy Transfer Partners pipeline for ...ThinkProgress
- Gas pipeline construction haltedLewistown Sentinel
- Sunoco's Mariner East 2 Pipeline Gets A Halt Construction OrderOilPrice.com