Deep relaxation may not be a trait readily associated with the usually frenetic Antonio Conte , but the Chelsea manager paused for breath in the middle of this hectic winter schedule to confess he likes to read up on yoga and seeks moments of respite with stretching exercises and a few minutes of mindfulness every now and then at their Cobham training ground.
He has stopped training during the week to conserve some of the intense energy he will summon when the whistle blows to signal deep competition where he feels every kick from his technical area.
Of course there will be no time for such stuff in the thick of a London derby at the Emirates Stadium that kicks off a mini-series between these two clubs, with Carabao Cup semi-finals round the corner after this midweek Premier League meeting.
Conte is quietly satisfied with Chelsea’s health going into Wednesday’s game, with a fixture list that affords them more rest than some and a squad feeling relatively strong with only a couple of injured players, who are close to returns.
Arsenal’s lot is not quite so generous as the treatment room is busy with a string of defenders struggling, form is unreliable and the transfer window looks precarious with three major players running down contracts.
- Chelsea fan's view: Tiemoue Bakayoko just needs time to adapt to Blues… Gus ...The Sun
- Exuberant Conte seeks respite - in yogaSport24
- Antonio Conte fears the impact unhappy players could have on ChelseaMetro
- Conte not planning to sell David LuizSport24
- We need fresh faces before I can sell: ConteBelfast Telegraph
- Chelsea's Antonio Conte turns to Yoga to curb touchline exuberanceTODAY.NG
- Conte rules out Chiellini swoop but hints he could sell David Luiz if he finds ...Yahoo Sports
- Conte informs £70m duo they are free to leave ChelseaTeamtalk.com
- Conte keen to rotate Chelsea squad against Arsenaleuronews