After fending off accusations that she knew Harvey Weinstein allegedly harassed and assaulted women, Meryl Streep is trying to shift the conversation.
In an interview with the New York Times , the Oscar winner was asked about the #MeToo movement and why she didn't speak out more forcefully at the outset.
Streep also reiterated that she did not know about Weinstein's alleged behavior until the news made headlines.
The Oscar winner claimed Weinstein used her name "to lure young, aspiring women into circumstances where they would be hurt."
Rose McGowan said in a now-deleted tweet that Streep was a hypocrite for reportedly planning to wear black at the Golden Globes to protest sexual assault.
- Meryl Streep Finally Addresses That Time Dustin Hoffman Allegedly Assaulted ...The Mary Sue
- Meryl Streep Says Dustin Hoffman Did in Fact Slap Her While Filming 'Kramer vs ...Entertainment Tonight
- Meryl Streep: Melania and Ivanka Trump should be held accountable for 'silence ...The Mercury News
- Meryl Streep Wants Ivanka and Melania Trump to Speak UpGlamour
- Meryl Streep calls out Melania and Ivanka's silence in face of #MeTooSalon
- A Look Back at Meryl Streep's Fiery 2017 Golden Globes Speech — and the Media ...PEOPLE.com
- Meryl Streep Is Ready for Melania Trump to Break Her SilenceVanity Fair
- Meryl Streep Confirms Dustin Hoffman Slapped Her on Kramer vs. Kramer Set: “It ...Bravo (blog)
- Meryl Streep Says Dustin Hoffman Slapping Her on Kramer vs. Kramer 'Was ...PEOPLE.com