He’s since leveraged his popularity and stunts into brand promotions, a clothing line, music, and acting gigs, landing appearances on shows like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and films such as The Thinning and The Space Between Us .
His brother, fellow Social Media Star Jake Paul, has garnered his fair share of negative attention as well, including a viral news report that included details about Jake terrorizing neighbors with furniture bonfires and constant swarms of fans hoping to catch a glimpse of the social media star.
At VidCon 2017, Logan infamously hid $3,000 around the convention, a stunt that drew a fan mob that ended with security attempting to remove him.
Unlike Hollywood celebs, who typically have PR firms to help them navigate their interactions with the public, or journalists, who (ideally) have well-established editorial and ethical guidelines, the appeal of many YouTubers lies in their perceived authenticity and off-the-cuff reactions.
The controversy has renewed questions about YouTube’s role in addressing the abusive and inappropriate content that often proliferates on its platform, and particularly how it responds when its most famous stars violate its stated standards.
- YouTube star apologizes after being slammed for sharing suicide videoLos Angeles Times
- Brands Beware: Logan Paul (Or Someone Like Him) Can Cause Real DamageAdAge.com
- YouTuber Logan Paul Apologizes for 'Huge Mistake' After Posting Video Showing ...KTLA
- American vlogger apologizes for video of apparent suicideWCVB Boston
- Why Logan Paul Should Really Worry UsVanity Fair
- YouTuber Logan Paul's video of a dead body put his own audience at riskThe Verge
- YouTube says Logan Paul video violated its policiesCNNMoney
- The Trouble With Advertising: Logan PaulMediaPost Communications
- Logan Paul extends apology over videoThe Australian