The Sooners’ offense is led by quarterback Baker Mayfield , who won the Heisman Trophy this year in a landslide.
Oklahoma is led on the ground by the tandem of Rodney Anderson and Trey Sermon, as the duo combined for 1,670 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns.
In terms of how Alabama’s offense should attack Clemson’s vaunted defense, Kirk Herbstreit sees tempo being one of the keys.
“Clemson sometimes — I’ve been around their team a lot — people talk about their defensive line as if, I don’t know, their secondary and their linebackers are really good too,” Herbstreit said.
“I think if they’re going to be able to continue to win these next two, I think Kelly Bryant being able to throw the ball down the field to Deon Cain and some of those other receivers is going to be a big ingredient.
- Biggest winners and losers from weekend's bowl gamesSportsnaut
- Rooting for rivals? Auburn football players' feelings on College Football ...SECcountry.com
- Beacon Journal/Ohio.com's top sports stories of 2017Akron Beacon Journal
- It's not the holidays without 40 college football bowl gamesMarketplace.org
- Predicting the College Football Playoff semifinals using 'NCAA Football ...SB Nation
- No bowl games on New Year's Eve? Whatever, we get the College Football Playoff ...SB Nation
- The College Football Playoff's biggest betting mismatchesCovers.com
- 2018 Rose Bowl: TV channel, time, live stream for Georgia-OklahomaSECcountry.com
- Coach's Corner: Unappetizing bowls can ruin the holidaysFrederick News Post