Tags: Dredrick Snelson , Eli Stove , Kerryon Johnson , Noah Igbinoghene , Otis Anderson A late touchdown pass from backup quarterback Ian Book to wideout Miles Boykin lifted No.
Incredibly, he even caught a touchdown in the corner of the end zone with six seconds left in the half to extend the team’s lead and even the simple threat of the dynamic signal-caller opened up plenty of other avenues for the Sooners to attack.
Trailing 23-19 early in the fourth quarter, Michigan penetrated South Carolina’s red zone with a chance to re-gain the lead but, flushed to his left, Brandon Peters elected to force a 3rd-and-goal pass from the 5-yard line rather than accepted defeat and bring on the field goal time.
Peters’s performance — he was 20-of-44 for 186 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions — proves that the answer lies in either redshirt freshman Dylan McCaffrey or Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson , assuming the NCAA grants him eligibility.
He was ruled down upon hopping on the lose pigskin at the Auburn 49, but replays showed Davis possessed the ball while still live with an ocean of green turf the only thing between he and the end zone.
- Fourth quarter breakdown: Bulldogs take the lead 38-31 in the Rose Bowlkfor.com
- The Latest: Georgia within 31-24 of Oklahoma at Rose BowlmySanAntonio.com
- Georgia vs. Oklahoma: Live updates, scores from Rose Bowl GameSporting News
- 2018 Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Clemson, TV, time, infoChicago Sun-Times
- WATCH: Oklahoma pulls out all stops with beautiful reverse TD pass to Baker ...CBSSports.com
- Our Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl predictions: Majority expects Sooners to reach ...Dallas News
- Rose Bowl: OU hanging on in second half against Georgia after building double ...Tulsa World
- Oklahoma's TD just before halftime at the Rose Bowl was gorgeousYahoo Sports
- WATCH: Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield catches touchdown pass in Rose BowlDieHards