It might not have ended up a great look, but the freshman guard splashed the three-pointer right over the outstretched arm of Jeremiah Tilmon — the guy who could have been his teammate.
Mostly it came from guards Mark Smith (a couple times), Trent Frazier and Da'Monte Williams trying to go up against Missouri big men Jontay Porter and Jeremiah Tilmon with no accounting for the fact both guys are much bigger.
Perhaps you read it in today's News-Gazette, but Illinois coach Brad Underwood said he had 4 1/2 pages of defensive notes (all lapses and mistakes) from last Saturday's loss to New Mexico State that he shared with his team.
While Mark Smith and Leron Black have hit three-pointers and Aaron Jordan found a cutting Da'Monte Williams for an easy layup, Illinois' defense has been the main story here through the first 8-plus minutes against Missouri.
— Missouri is countering with Blake Harris, Kassius Robertson, Jordan Barnett, Kevin Puryear and Jeremiah Tilmon.
- Trent Frazier turning the corner in first season with IlliniThe State Journal-Register
- Remember him, Illini fans?Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- Illinois Basketball: Braggin' Rights game big for Illini programWriting Illini
- Border game takes new lookDanville Commercial News
- Braggin' Rights showdown features former Illinois recruit, Missouri freshman ...Chicago Tribune
- Mizzou-Illinois five things to watchSTLtoday.com
- Mizzou's Tilmon at center of Braggin' Rights revivalMat-Su Valley Frontiersman
- Lineups: Illinois vs. Missouri, 7 pm todayChampaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- Hochman: Edwardsville's Smith adds Illini excitementMat-Su Valley Frontiersman