Flights were suspended after the BMI aircraft from Frankfurt left the runway as it taxied to the terminal on Friday.
The Embraer 145 aircraft was moved late on Friday and Airport officials said they were working with airlines to resume flight schedules.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) confirmed it was sending a team to the airport.
But a CAA spokesman said there was a duty on the airlines to provide reasonable "care and assistance" to passengers unable to travel.
This could include phone calls, meals, food and drink, or overnight hotel accommodation with transport to the airport.
- Irish flight delays after plane goes off runway at UK airportRTE.ie
- Bristol Airport returning to normal service after 'Frantic Friday' chaosITV News
- Christmas ruined for Plymouth couple caught up in Bristol Airport chaos as ...Plymouth Herald
- The buses cancelled and timetable changes in Bristol over Christmas and New YearBristol Post
- Bristol Airport reopens – but delays and cancellations continueBristol Post
- Airlines won't pay compensation for passengers stuck at Bristol Airport after ...Cornwall Live
- Bristol Airport: LIVE updates after runway reopens and airport is fully ...Somerset Live
- Four young brothers set to fly to dad's for Christmas were left stranded in ...Bristol Post
- Bristol Airport flight cancellations as plane skids off runway – is your ...Express.co.uk