Jason Miller/Getty Images LeBron James registered his fourth triple-double of the season, and six Cleveland Cavaliers finished in double figures as the defending Eastern Conference champions defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 121-112 at Quicken Loans Arena on Thursday night.
James, who finished with 25 points, 12 assists and 12 rebounds, is now tied with Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird for sixth on the all-time triple-double list with 59.
Kevin Love added 28points—including 13 in the third quarter—and 11rebounds, while 36-year-old Jose Calderon continued to thrive as the Cavaliers ' stopgap at starting point guard.
Fresh off a 14-point outing in the Cavaliers' win over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday, Calderon poured in a season-high 17points on 6-of-9shooting from the field, including 5-of-8from three, as he continued to prove detractors wrong, according to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon:
Kyle Kuzma (20points), Julius Randle (13points) and Josh Hart (11points) were all solid in their own right, but struggles from distance combined with 18turnovers left L.A. to chase LeBron and Co. throughout the second half.
- LeBron James' triple-double leads Cavaliers past Lonzo Ball's LakersESPN
- LeBron James tied Larry Bird for triple doubles, beats Lonzo Ball in 121-112 ...cleveland.com
- LeBron Has A Ball With Triple-Double, Cavs Beat Lakers 121-112CBS Los Angeles
- Osman With The Nice FinishNBA.com
- LeBron James Gets Historic Triple-Double, Cavs Beat Lakers 121-112NBC Southern California
- NBA games Thursday, scores, highlights, news: Knicks win despite Porzingis injuryCBSSports.com
- Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers recap and highlightsLake Show Life
- Cavs ride LeBron's triple double vs. LakersTampabay.com
- Lakers put up a fight against the Cavaliers but fall 121-112Los Angeles Times