According to AT&T this will allow AirGig service can be rolled out far faster than other high speed internet service “Using AirGig patented technology, we would install devices to provide high speed broadband which can be clamped on by trained electrical workers in just a few minutes.”
“Project AirGig is part of our ongoing effort to accelerate internet connections to a gig or more through both wired and wireless solutions,” said Andre Fuetsch, president, AT&T Labs and Chief Technology Officer.
If these trials and our continued research and development turn out the way we intend, we’ll take a big step toward bringing hyper-fast connectivity to people everywhere.”
“Project AirGig offers transformational possibilities to bring gigabit internet connections to residents and businesses everywhere.
- AT&T's power line-mounted internet service is back for more testsEngadget
- AT&T starts testing its high-speed internet delivery system over power linesTechSpot
- AT&T's plan for high-speed internet over power lines reaches the trial phaseDallas Business Journal
- AT&T announces Project AirGig trials that would bring fast internet using ...TheAndroidSoul (blog)
- AT&T Taps Georgia to Host AirGig PilotGovernment Technology
- AT&T Lofts 'AirGig' Trial in GeorgiaMultichannel News
- AT&T's Project AirGig to provide internet over power lines to rural areasdomain-B
- Georgia Power assists AT&T with Project AirGig Trials to Bring Ultra-Fast ...EnerCom Inc. (press release) (blog)
- AT&T Launches 2nd Project AirGig TrialAndroid Headlines