Marchand assisted on the tying goal late in regulation and scored the game-winner 35 seconds into overtime to give the Bruins a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday night.
In the extra period, Marchand skated in ahead of defenseman Mike Green and stickhandled to the right before backhanding the puck past goalie Jimmy Howard from a sharp angle.
Tatar opened the scoring on a second-period power play, beating Rask only 13 seconds after Patrice Bergeron received a minor penalty for tripping.
Acciari tied it early in the third after a scramble in front of the net, and Boston went on the power play when Green was whistled for holding.
The Red Wings couldn't hold onto that lead either, giving up the tying goal after the Bruins were able to set up in the Detroit zone.
- Malan proves to himself he belongs by hitting Ashes centuryDaily Mail
- Bruins notebook: At 40 and in final season of contract, Zdeno Chara wants to ...Boston Herald
- Brad Marchand's assist, OT goal delivers Bruins win in DetroitBoston Herald
- Celebrating Lundqvist's remarkable career as he eclipses 20000 savesNBCSports.com
- Familiar story: Wings lose late lead, fall in OTThe Detroit News
- Bruins tie it late, beat Red Wings 3-2 in OT behind Brad MarchandBoston.com
- Wings: 'It's almost hard to talk about' as they again play well & loseDetroit Free Press
- Bruins Wrap: Brad Marchand Scores Overtime Winner, Boston Beats Red Wings 3-2NESN.com
- Struggling Red Wings lose another in overtimeMLive.com