The Denver Post’s Gina Mizell on Wednesday answered questions from readers about the Nuggets in a live Lunch Special chat.
Malone praised Lyles a ton during training camp, which you always kind of take with a grain of salt because it’s not uncommon for coaches/front office to pump up their new guy.
I wrote a big Sunday piece on him a couple weeks ago outlining how he stayed ready for the chance, and he also mentions he’s just hoping to carve out a role even when Millsap comes back.
My favorite pieces so far have probably been the one I wrote in the preseason about Jamal Murray and how he managed playing with two sports hernias all of last season and my recent story on Lyles and how he learned to “stay ready” for opportunities like the one he’s getting.
I hope to do more of those as the season goes along, but that often takes building trust with players/sources and carving out the time to chip away at those stories on top of the consistent daily coverage.
- Jamal Murray has stepped up in Nikola Jokic's absenceDenver Stiffs
- Boston Celtics No Longer Being Just Cautious With Marcus MorrisHardwood Houdini
- Celtics return home to host the Denver NuggetsCelticsBlog (blog)
- Boston Celtics: Life without Marcus MorrisHoops Habit
- Celtics going small against Nuggets with Horford outBoston Herald
- Nikola Jokic is available to play Wednesday night against the CelticsFantasyPros
- Nuggets' Nikola Jokic (ankle) will play Wednesday against CelticsnumberFire
- Nikola Jokic (ankle) remains questionable on Wednesday for DenvernumberFire
- Will Barton (back) ruled out Wednesday for DenvernumberFire