Romero and four others filed a lawsuit in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday, seeking damages from the restaurant for failing to curb rampant sexual harassment.
Romero said a sous chef repeatedly touched her butt, and once was waiting for her when she went in the women’s restroom to change her clothes.
She had previously reported an incident when the dishwasher made sexual remarks, using a vulgar Portuguese word.
The company added that anti-discrimination authorities declined to take the case and said the plaintiff’s lawyers “have latched on to the current frenzy concerning sexual harassment and filed a lawsuit citing inflammatory allegations that conflicted with statements of their own clients and that at least one independent eyewitness identified during our investigation said was untrue.
- Five female kitchen workers are suing the McCormick & Schmick's seafood ...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- McCormick & Schmick's sued by female employees over alleged lewd behaviorUSA TODAY
- 5 Women Bring Discrimination Suit Against McCormick And Schmick'sWBUR
- Kitchen workers sue McCormick & Schmick's, alleging sexual harassmentThe Boston Globe
- Female kitchen workers at seafood restaurant sue, allege groping by male ...Dallas News
- Female Workers Sue McCormick & Schmick's Over Lewd BehaviorCBS Boston / WBZ
- Kitchen workers claim sex harassment at McCormick & Schmick'sNew York Post
- Ex-workers allege sexual harassment at McCormick & Schmick'sBoston Business Journal
- Five Latina employees claim they were groped, sexually harassed at McCormick ...New York Daily News