J.J. Barea helped rescue the Mavericks from another potential late-game letdown as they kept swinging in the fourth quarter to knock out the San Antonio Spurs 95-89 Tuesday night at American Airlines Center.
Mavs Spoil Kawhi Leonard's return, beat the Spurs behind strong performances off the bench Barea was essentially a non-factor in the first half.
He was on the court for the entire fourth quarter when he teamed with Dwight Powell to give the Mavericks an inside-outside combo that the Spurs could not deal with.
Besides himself, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler, Corey Brewer and Ian Mahinmi are the only players still active.
Waiting game: Mavs guard Seth Curry opens up on state of his injury and options being considered The Mavericks scored the first eight points of the fourth quarter, six by Powell, two by Barea, to go up 75-69 and were never headed again.
- NBA wrap: Mavs spoil Kawhi Leonard season debut; Pistons drop seventh straightSporting News
- Mavs Spoil Leonard's Return With 95-89 Win Over SpursCBS DFW
- NBA roundup: Mavericks spoil Kawhi Leonard's returnLos Angeles Times
- Barea, Mavs spoil Leonard's return with 95-89 win over SpursBoston Herald
- Kawhi Leonard is Back, and the Spurs' Season Starts NowSports Illustrated
- Balanced attack helps Mavericks stun Spurs at homeFort Worth Star Telegram
- San Antonio Spurs' Kawhi Leonard flashes All-Star form in long-awaited season ...NBA.com
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (quadriceps) makes season debut against MavsESPN
- Leonard scores 13 points in return, but Spurs lose to MavericksSan Antonio Express-News