LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) — Tremont Waters hit a step-back jumper, got back into his defensive and poked the ball free near midcourt.
Waters scored 21 points and set up the go-ahead basket with his spectacular no-look assist, helping LSU rally for a 77-75 victory in the Maui Invitational on Monday night.
Waters hit 1 of 2 free throws with 5.8 seconds after Michigan's Charles Matthews went 1 for 2 at the line, giving the Wolverines (3-1) a final chance.
The Tigers struggled defensively a year ago under Jones, but were more active early in their Maui opener, harassing the Wolverines into difficult shots.
Once the tight first half ended, the second turned into an offensive show, with the Tigers and Wolverines trading made baskets nearly every trip.
- LSU Rallies To Defeat Michigan, 77-75, In Maui OpenerLSUSports.net
- LSU comes from behind to defeat Michigan: Final score, stats and analysisNOLA.com
- Michigan hoops falls to LSU in final seconds of Maui Invitational openerMLive.com
- Maui Magic! LSU basketball team overcomes nine-point deficit for 77-75 win ...The Advocate
- Michigan-LSU basketball score: Live updates, stats, how to watchLandof10.com
- LSU basketball upsets Michigan in first round of Maui InvitationalSECcountry.com
- Clock Ticking To Monday Night Game In MauiLSUSports.net
- Michigan fails to hold late lead, drops first game of Maui Invitational to LSUMaize n Brew
- Opening Tip: Aloha! Getting you ready for LSU-Michigan late-nighter in MauiThe Advocate