“The Raid” helmer Gareth Evans is in early discussions to write and direct DC Comics Assassin “Deathstroke” film, TheWrap has exclusively learned.
Evans who initially passed on directing “Justice League Dark,” however impressed DC executives with his Deathstroke pitch that the company decided to go forward with a spinoff film.
Roman Sionis, a former business executive who originally hated Bruce Wayne rather than Batman, wears a black wooden mask and leads the cult-like society of False Facers.
Harvey Dent was the District Attorney of Gotham City, and a close ally of Batman until a mob boss threw acidic chemicals at him during a trial, hideously scarring the left side of his face and driving him insane.
DC Comics Salvatore "The Boss" Maroni is a leader of organized crime in Gotham City and responsible for throwing acid at DA Harvey Dent and turning him into Two-Face.
- The Raid's Gareth Evans might make a movie about DC villain DeathstrokeAV Club
- DEATHSTROKE Movie Reportedly in the Works from THE RAID DirectorNerdist
- Deathstroke film in the works from The Raid's Gareth EvansFlickering Myth (blog)
- Deathstroke DC supervillain movie in the works with The Raid director Gareth EvansEW.com (blog)
- DC Villain 'Deathstroke' Movie in the Works from 'The Raid' DirectorHollywood Reporter
- Today in Entertainment: Deathstroke movie in the works at Warner Bros.; Paul ...Los Angeles Times
- 'The Raid' Director Gareth Evans in Talks to Helm Deathstroke Movie Starring ...Collider.com
- Report: Gareth Evans in talks to direct stand-alone Deathstroke movie with Joe ...SYFY WIRE (blog)
- Deathstroke Film in Development At Warner Bros.CBR (blog)