Beyoncé just dropped her first single and music video since giving birth in June, a remix to J Balvin and Willy William 's smash hit "Mi Gente."
She announced that proceeds from the track would benefit the ongoing relief efforts in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Islands following Hurricane Maria, as well as the areas in Mexico impacted by the 7.1 earthquake that killed more than 325 people on September 19.
"I am donating my proceeds from this song to hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the other affected Caribbean islands," she wrote on social media with a link to additional outreach efforts around the world.
Leaving Oct. 7, a cargo plane will carry 200,000 pounds of batteries, flashlights, portable lanterns, diapers, baby wipes, cases of water and feminine hygiene products to Puerto Rico.
Performers slated to take the stage include Jay-Z, Fat Joe , Jennifer Lopez , DJ Khaled , Chris Brown , Cardi B , Remy Ma , Daddy Yankee , Yo Gotti , Fifth Harmony , Iggy Azalea and Willow Smith .
- Beyoncé lends her voice to hurricane relief, literally and figurativelyCNN
- Is Beyonce Releasing A New Album? The Singer's “Mi Gente” Remix May Be A ...Bustle
- Beyoncé Just Dropped a New Version of J. Balvin's 'Mi Gente' to Benefit ...TIME
- Beyonce to donate proceeds of her "Mi Gente" remix for Puerto Rico, Mexico ...CBS News
- The Translation Of Beyonce's "Mi Gente" Lyrics Will Make You Want A New Album ...Bustle
- Beyonce's New Song Is Raising Money For Hurricane Relief & You'll Want To ...Bustle
- Beyoncé Remixes "Mi Gente" with J. Balvin and Willy William for Hurricane ReliefVogue.com
- Bilingual Beyoncé Shows Off Rap Skills On J. Blavin & Willy William's 'Mi ...BET
- Beyonce sings in Spanish on 'Mi Gente' remix, donates song proceeds to ...USA TODAY