Jose Mourinho’s side tops the group, three points clear of CSKA and Basel, which beat Benfica 5-0 thanks to goals from Michael Lang, Dmitri Oberlin (two), Blas Riveros and a penalty from Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
The suspicion before kickoff had been that PSG, bolstered by the signings of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, may be ready to challenge for the Champions League this season, while Bayern may have slipped backwards, but the gulf between the sides was shocking.
The tone was set in the second minute, with Neymar's brilliant run in off the left flank preceded his smart pass to compatriot and friend Dani Alves, surging forward from right back, for the opener.
What had looked like being a decent result after an encouraging performance became much better in injury time, as Michy Batshuayi stole across the near post to turn in a low Marcos Alonso cross after fine work from Tiemoue Bakayoko.
PSG sent the Champions League message it was seeking in destroying Bayern Munich, while Chelsea impressively escaped Madrid with three points and Manchester United didn't hold back in Moscow.
- Rampant PSG rout sorry Bayern 3-0Reuters
- Bayern's best-laid plans unravel in PSG routeuronews
- PSG attack proves too much for Bayern in 3-0 winNewsday
- Champions League wrap: PSG thump Bayern, Chelsea pip Atletico, Manchester ...Newshub
- Paris Saint-Germain – Bayern Munich as it happenedDeathRattleSports.com
- Al-Khelaifi lauds 'best in the world' Neymar after Bayern successGoal.com
- Peace, love and harmo-NEY as PSG run wild against BayernGoal Canada
- PSG 3-0 Bayern Munich recap of score and goal updates as Alves, Cavani and ...Mirror.co.uk
- Birthday boy Oberlin lifts Basel to beat Benfica 5-0Minneapolis Star Tribune