"Looking ahead to the rest of fiscal 2018, we will ignite NIKE's next horizon of global growth through the strength of our brand, the power of our innovative products and the most personal, digitally-connected experiences in our industry."
"[Nike] this quarter has become more promotional, more of its footwear platforms have slowed, and NKE-levered retailers have been crippled by negative comps," Canaccord analyst Camilo Lyon wrote in a note to clients earlier this month.
"The company has shown little in the way of progress as it relates to its stale innovation pipeline, while a resurging Adidas has taken meaningful share to the point of causing panic internally, according to our industry contacts," Lyon added.
Retailers such as Foot Locker , Dick's Sporting Goods and Finish Line, all of which stock Nike products, have watched their shares tumble in recent months, with companies warning about pricing pressure and weaker margins as a result.
Nike, which relies heavily on its wholesale business, has made strides to expand organic sales channels, launching a "Consumer Direct Offense" earlier this summer.
- Nike climbs after beating earnings forecastBusiness Insider
- Nike Fiscal Q1 Earnings Beat Forecasts, Revenue Meets ViewsInvestor's Business Daily
- Nike: Things Are Getting InterestingSeeking Alpha
- This Is How Much Ground Nike (NKE) Is Losing to AdidasInvestorplace.com
- NIKE, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2018 First Quarter ResultsBusiness Wire (press release)
- How Nike Faces NFL Headwinds, Dollar Power and RivalsLearnBonds
- What Is Insider Trading Activity Like At NIKE, Inc. (NKE)?Hi-tech Beacon
- Nike Earnings Due: Here's Everything Wrong With The Iconic BrandNasdaq
- 2 Stocks You Can't Afford to Pass Up: 3M Company (MMM), NIKE, Inc. (NKE)AllStockNews