49ers placed defensive lineman Tank Carradine on injured reserve after he suffered a high ankle sprain Thursday night against the Rams, the team announced Monday.
Taking Carradine’s roster spot is former Cowboys practice squad member and linebacker Mark Nzeocha (6-3, 240), a seventh-round selection in the 2015 NFL draft.
Carradine, who signed a one-year extension in 2016 under former general manager Trent Baalke, is slated for free agency in the spring.
He plays the strong side defensive end position in base downs and rotates with recent third-overall pick Solomon Thomas in nickel and sub packages.
San Francisco’s other “big end” is 2015 fifth-round pick Ronald Blair, who was placed on injured reserve before the start of the season with a wrist injury.
- 49ers place DT Carradine on IRSFGate
- 49ers put DE Carradine on IR, sign LB from Dallas practice squadSanta Rosa Press Democrat
- 49ers Sign LB Mark Nzeocha, Place DL Tank Carradine on IR49ers.com
- Report: 49ers Place DE Tank Carradine On Injured ReserveCBS Sacramento
- 49ers move Tank Carradine to IR, pluck LB off CowboysThe Mercury News
- San Francisco 49ers: Defensive line depth chart after Tank Carradine's injuryNiner Noise
- 49ers send Tank Carradine (ankle) to injured reserveAppsforPCdaily
- 49ers place Tank Carradine on injured reserveNBCSports.com
- Golden Nuggets: Tank Out for AwhileNiners Nation