The magic number for the Red Sox to clinch the AL East title is still three after their 6-4 loss to the Blue Jays Monday night.
By Bill Ballou / @BillBallouTG BOSTON — The magic number for the Red Sox to clinch the AL East title is still three after their 6-4 loss to the Blue Jays Monday night.
Josh Donaldson opened the scoring with a long, high home run toward the light tower in left-center, his 31st of the year.
The Red Sox responded immediately against Toronto starter Brett Anderson and looked they were in line for a big rally, then came away with two runs to take a 2-1 lead.
The Jays had five hits in the inning, but the first one, Kendrys Morales’ single to center, proved to be irrelevant as he was quickly erased on Kevin Pillar’s double play grounder.
- Opener vs. Blue Jays one of many losses for Red Sox in return to FenwayBoston Herald
- Red Sox notebook: Eduardo Nunez reinjures knee in return to lineupBoston Herald
- Donaldson, Blue Jays stop Red Sox winning streak at 6Chron.com
- Eduardo Nunez injury update: Boston Red Sox infielder hopes to return to ...MassLive.com
- Hernandez continues to impress Jays with late power surgeNational Post
- Mookie Betts injury update: Boston Red Sox right fielder dealing with left ...MassLive.com
- Drew Pomeranz lasts just two innings in Boston Red Sox loss to Toronto Blue ...MassLive.com
- Red Sox All-Star leaves game early in loss to Blue JaysWCVB Boston
- Red Sox: Mookie Betts' September surge helps keep Boston atop AL East standingsWorcester Telegram