Adam Choice broke a 7-all tie with his 6-yard TD run, then freshman Travis Etienne scored twice in the final six minutes to lock things up.
Boston College coach Steve Addazio said when thinking about this game, throw out the final score because it didn't tell the effort and intensity the Eagles used against the defending national champions.
It was the second straight game Etienne, a Louisiana recruited wooed heavily by LSU, broke off a long touchdown run after his 81-yard score against Louisville last week.
Boston College: The Eagles looked in for another struggle through the ACC after opening league play with a 34-10 loss at home to Wake Forest, then surrendering 515 rushing yards to fall to Notre Dame 49-20 last week.
Clemson's offense struggled to get the ball down field and once BC stopped biting on Bryant's quarterback runs, the Tigers' attack bogged down until the end— something that must be corrected if they hope for another big postseason.
- Clemson defense bails out struggling offense in eventual 34-7 win over Boston ...Charleston Post Courier
- No 2 Clemson overcomes blahs and 3rd-quarter boosFanRag Sports (blog)
- Clemson finds resistance from Boston College before pulling away for winDieHards
- What Steve Addazio said after Boston College's loss to ClemsonDieHards
- What Dabo Swinney said after Clemson survived against Boston CollegeDieHards
- Clemson vs. Boston College: Tigers Start Slow Then Rout The EaglesShakin The Southland
- Boston College's Harold Landry makes little impact vs. ClemsonNFL.com
- Clemson pulls away from Boston College late to remain undefeatedThe State
- Etienne helps Clemson turn slow start into fast finishGreenville News