Enlarge Image The USS Discovery, in the form of a light effect, flies over New York.
The USS Discovery flew from City Vineyard at Pier 46 out to the George Washington Bridge with the help of a Black Hawk helicopter.
The effect was put together by Remarkable Media, a company that did a similar type of aerial stunt for the MTV Video Music Awards last year.
Remarkable CEO Simon Powell said his company worked with CBS' assets of the ship to put together the visual effect.
While CBS has kept to a minimum details of the new ship, registration number NCC-1031, we do know it has an iconic saucer section and dual nacelles, but with a much flatter overall design than the first USS Enterprise.
- New 'Star Trek: Discovery' Premiere Details And Photos Plus Producers Talk ...TrekMovie
- TV Tidbits: Fall TV season gets underway in earnestWinston-Salem Journal
- CBS explores the digital frontier with 'Star Trek: Discovery'Los Angeles Times
- EXCLUSIVE: Neville Page And Glenn Hetrick Talk Designs For Different 'Star ...TrekMovie
- Why Did Bryan Fuller Leave 'Star Trek: Discovery'? He Still Left His Mark On ...Bustle
- You don't need to be a Trekkie to enjoy 'Star Trek Discovery'Mashable
- Is beaming down in Star Trek a death sentence?Ars Technica
- Every Star Trek TV Pilot, RankedCBR (blog)
- How 'Star Trek: Discovery' Lead Character Michael Burnham Was NamedComicbook.com