During Oliver’s years at Virginia, the Cavaliers played home-and-home football series with Southern Cal, UCLA and Oregon and were swept in all three.
UVa has also added multiple games with Conference USA member Old Dominion and with Liberty, which is in the process of transitioning to FBS status.
In 2005, the Broncos lost 27-21 to Boston College, then a first-year member of the ACC, in the MPC Computers Bowl on Boise State’s blue home turf.
That was also the last home loss for Boise State against a nonconference opponent in a streak that had reached 24 games going into Friday night.
The Cavs will wrap up the regular season with a home game against Virginia Tech on the day after Thanksgiving.
- Virginia-Boise State live updates: Score, stats, analysis for Week 4 game (9 ...DieHards
- Live: Boise State 7, Virginia 0 (first quarter); Rypien starts, Moa won'tIdaho Statesman
- Virginia football vs. Boise State: Time, TV schedule, game preview, scoreWDIV Detroit
- What to Watch: Virginia heads west to face Boise StateStreaking The Lawn (blog)
- UVA braces for big start from Boise StateRichmond.com
- Bronco point spreads are an adventureKTVB
- Bronco or Broncos?Mountain West Connection
- Virginia at Boise State: 3 keys for the CavaliersRichmond.com
- UVa Football Game Day: Virginia at Boise StateRoanoke Times