Former CIO Webb had joined Equifax from Silicon Valley Bank parent SVB Financial Group ( SIVB ) .
He also formerly worked at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. ( GS ) ; Bank One Corp., now part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. ( JPM ) ; and General Electric Co. ( GE ) .
"This could result in higher compliance costs at best, or nationalization of the credit bureau function at worst," Goldstein wrote.
"We believe that the sharp price decline over the past few days is related to the steady drumbeat of legislative inquiries, and a lack of clarity on what this means for EFX's future business model.
The Freedom From Equifax Exploitation, or FREE, ACT, further complicates a precarious situation for CEO Richard Smith.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Equifax shares could get cut in half from here (EFX)Markets Insider
- Equifax Inc (NYSE:EFX) Share Price May Be About to Change Direction; Argus ...BZ Weekly
- Equifax, Inc. (EFX) Holdings Trimmed by Icon Advisers Inc. Co.The Ledger Gazette
- Thrivent Financial For Lutherans Raises Position in Equifax, Inc. (EFX)Dispatch Tribunal
- Atlantic Trust Group LLC Takes $1.83 Million Position in Equifax, Inc. (EFX)TrueBlueTribune
- Equifax, Inc. (NYSE:EFX) Stake Lifted by Victory Capital Management Inc.StockNewsTimes
- Equifax needs a plan to stop investor exodusYahoo Finance
- As Equifax INC (EFX) Share Price Rose, Holder Timessquare Capital Management ...Finance News Daily
- Equifax, Inc. (EFX) Price Target Increased to $155.00 by Analysts at SunTrust ...StockNewsTimes