The Cincinnati Bengals were a disaster on offense in Week 1, but luckily for them, they are expected to get the addition of the fastest player in the history of the draft process Thursday night.
Wide receiver and first-round pick John Ross is active and expected to make his NFL debut for the Bengals after missing the team’s loss to the Baltimore Ravens due to a knee sprain.
But Menendez was drafted in the seventh round by the Atlanta Falcons , spent time on five different NFL rosters in 1999 and 2000, and never saw the field during a regular season game.
Cornerbacks in the NFL will attempt to overpower and bully Ross at the line of scrimmage, but it’s a risky strategy to get that close to a receiver as shifty and quick as the Washington Huskies alum.
His game-breaking ability to haul in the deep ball will ultimately decide whether he was worth a top 10 pick, but it might be a while before we see Andy Dalton firing long to Ross on a go route a la DeSean Jackson — who is the best case scenario as a comparison for the Bengals.
- Texans vs. Bengals 2017 live updates: Scores, highlights, and results from ...SB Nation
- Houston Texans vs. Cincinnati Bengals odds: Picks from expert who is 25-9 on ...CBSSports.com
- Texans could use Brandon Weeden's veteran presenceChron.com
- Texans WR Jaelen Strong active vs BengalsNews Sentinel
- How to Watch Texans-Bengals NFL Thursday Night Football Live Stream OnlineMediaite
- 3 keys to Houston Texans match-up with Cincinnati BengalsToro Times
- Watch Out: Sacks galore likely in Texans at BengalsKPRC Houston
- 3 keys for Bengals to beat the Houston TexansThe Stripe Hype
- Bengals vs. Texans Game NotesBengals.com