In a statement to CNN on Thursday, King’s rep said the legendary talk show host was “diagnosed with stage 1 Adenocarcinoma, the most common type of Lung Cancer, through a routine chest examination.”
“He immediately underwent a successful surgery to remove the upper lobe and lymph node,” the rep added.
The former CNN talk show host said he had no idea prior to his annual exam that there were any issues.
King has been open about his health issues in the past, including a 1987 heart attack and bypass surgery months later.
A former smoker who quit following his heart attack, King said he’s sharing his lung cancer diagnosis to help others.
- Larry King says he was operated on for lung cancerArab News
- Larry King reveals secret lung cancer surgeryEconomic Times
- TV personality Larry King reveals lung cancer diagnosisKhaleej Times
- Death of 8 at Florida nursing home sounds alarms after IrmaKokomo Tribune
- Larry King announces he was diagnosed with lung cancerGears Of Biz
- Larry King recovering after lung cancer surgeryRTE.ie
- Larry King reveals he was diagnosed with Lung CancerTVC News
- Larry King reveals secret lung cancer diagnosisIndependent Online
- Larry King reveals lung cancer surgeryMyAJC