Last season Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford played mostly a safe game.
He became the first Vikings quarterback since 1981 to post 300 yards in a season opener as Minnesota pounded the New Orleans Saints 29-19 .
The Saints didn’t score a touchdown until late in the fourth quarter after the Vikings had a huge lead.
Rookie Dalvin Cook gave the Vikings a running game, something they didn’t have last season after Peterson’s Week 2 knee injury.
But he needs to be better this year for the Vikings to challenge the Packers for the division crown, and he looked improved in the season opener.
- Bradford, Vikings Cruise Past Saints 29-19 in OpenerU.S. News & World Report
- Little-used Adrian Peterson has words for Sean Payton in Saints-Vikings gameWashington Post
- New Orleans Saints vs. Minnesota Vikings RECAP, score, stats (9/11/17)NJ.com
- Shipley: Offense was the story, defense remained the sameTwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- Diggs goes big, scores twice to give Vikings win in season opener vs. SaintsDuluth News Tribune
- Retooled Vikings offensive line does just fineMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Saints vs. Vikings: Score, results, highlights from Monday night game in MinnesotaSporting News
- Sam Bradford, Dalvin Cook spoil Adrian's returnNFL.com
- All quiet on the Peterson frontDuluth News Tribune