We are live on Sky Sports Action (407) from midnight, with the New Orleans Saints and Adrian Peterson travelling to Minnesota to face the Vikings in our first game, before the Denver Broncos then host the Los Angeles Chargers in an AFC West divisional clash from 3.20am.
It has been discovered that Saints long snapper Jon Dorenbos, recently acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, has a serious heart condition that will require surgery.
Physician John Amoss discovered the long-snapper's aortic aneurysm during a physical examination and the team is now placing Dorenbos on its non-football injury list and looking to bring in another long snapper before Monday's season opener at Minnesota.
Minnesota were third in total defence last year, and were a top-three outfit against the pass too, with elite corner Xavier Rhodes and safety Harrison Smith a particularly imposing pair.
This game will be won or lost in the trenches - the Broncos have four new starters on their offensive line, including British-born right tackle Menelik Watson, acquired from the Oakland Raiders.
- Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss were great enoughMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Saints need to get off to good startNortheast Mississippi Daily Journal
- Four things to watch this week in sportsAberdeenNews.com
- The Call: Vikings vs. New OrleansMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Vikings issue reminder about early start and traffic concernMinneapolis Star Tribune
- New Orleans Saints Rumors: Could Drew Brees Follow Sean Payton Out Of New ...The Inquisitr
- Bradford, Brees share similar challengeSt. Cloud Times
- Monday Morning Mailbag: Bigger Concern, Brees or Peterson?Vikings.com
- Randy Moss: His WayVikings.com