Following a deadly earthquake of the Mexican coast , AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon have all announced they will be waiving fees for anyone calling to the region.
Additionally, T-Mobile reached out to us to confirm they have also waived fees for the regions affected by the hurricane.
That storm has already devastated several Carribean islands and will move up the east coast of the United States.
As the cellular towers are highly congested as with any natural disaster, a text is going to have an easier time getting through than a call.
- Wireless carriers waive charges for Florida customers in Irma's pathWFLA
- Wireless providers waive data overage charges for customers in FloridaNew York Daily News
- Wireless carriers waive talk, text and data overage charges for Florida ...Miami Herald
- AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile make calls and texts to Mexico free after deadly ...Android Police
- Phone services urge Florida customers to stay in touch without worry during ...The News-Press
- AT&T offering credits for free data, text and talk for Florida resident during ...WISH-TV
- Hurricane Irma: AT&T Gives Floridians Unlimited AccessPatch.com
- AT&T helping customers during IrmaLake City Reporter
- AT&T Networks Prepared For Hurricane IrmaCellular News