The victory catapulted Mayfield to the forefront of the Heisman Trophy race, solidified Oklahoma as a College Football Playoff contender and gave the Big 12 an adrenaline shot of relevance after serving as an offseason punching bag.
God bless Mayfield, who not only elaborately shows up opponents after victories, but still finds time to guzzle truth serum before press conferences: “We should have won by a lot more,” he said matter-of-factly.
Riley isolated skill players in space, exploited pressures with quick passes to the vacated flat and left Mayfield in position to make plays all night.
Riley toyed with Schiano, as OU’s fullback was its leading receiver (Dimitri Flowers’ 98 yards, seven catches, one TD) and Mayfield’s two other touchdown passes went to a true freshman (Trey Sermon) and a walk-on (Lee Morris).
- Dienhart: Buckeyes pass game may take air out of promising seasonBig Ten Network
- Mayfield powers No. 5 Oklahoma past No. 2 Ohio State, 31-16Big Ten Network
- Baker Mayfield and his new cast of characters lead Oklahoma to win over Ohio StateYahoo Sports
- Baker Mayfield's legend grows with swaggering win over Ohio StateABC News
- A Week 2 win that changes a career, a season and a national championship raceCBSSports.com
- Lincoln Riley's play-calling, leadership push Oklahoma past Ohio StateDallas News (blog)
- Ohio State-Oklahoma | Sooners run road-game win streak to 12The Columbus Dispatch
- Baker Mayfield celebrates win over Ohio State by doing victory lap, planting ...Dallas News
- Baker Mayfield dominates Ohio State, puts Oklahoma firmly into College ...Dallas News