More importantly for Oregon, the Willie Taggart era in Eugene is off to a 2-0 start as the Ducks move into the favorable portion of their schedule.
Top performance: Playing in what was arguably the biggest game of his young career, sophomore quarterback Justin Herbert put on a clinic.
Senior safety Tyree Robinson, who missed Week 1, had an interception on Oregon's first defensive snap of the game, setting up a Herbert touchdown pass to Brenden Schooler.
Key play: After Nebraska scored on its first two drives of the second half to bring the game within 14, the Cornhuskers picked off Justin Herbert, converted on fourth-and-5 and were driving into Oregon territory before Jonah Moi brought down Tanner Lee in the backfield for a seven-yard loss on third-down, pushing the Cornhuskers out of field goal range late in the third quarter.
It hung in the air, and Oregon's Ugo Amadi easily pulled it down for the interception that then allowed the Ducks to run out the clock and finish off the victory.
- Huskers mount second-half rally, but turnovers loom too largeHuskerExtra.com
- Holes in Huskers defense, Lee INTs lead Ducks to large halftime leadNebraska Radio Network
- Herbert throws for 3 TDs and Oregon beats Nebraska 42-35kgw.com
- 2 games, 1 day: We're following Oregon and Oregon State's college football ...OregonLive.com
- Nebraska-Oregon live updates: Score, stats, analysis for Week 2 game (9/9/2017)Landof10.com
- Oregon football: Ducks wear uniforms designed by cancer survivorsNCAA.com
- Oregon Ducks survive scare from Nebraska Cornhuskers, 42-35Statesman Journal
- From the sidelines: NU coaches make adjustments; Husker fans invade Autzen and ...Omaha World-Herald
- Expect the Nebraska Cornhuskers and Oregon State Beavers to win close games ...OregonLive.com