Netflix's 1922 is an adaptation of Stephen King's short novella of the same name from the Full Dark, No Stars collection and the legendary author is claiming that the rough cut that he saw of the movie is "super creepy" and that it "won't leave his mind."
Netflix quietly announced that the adaptation of 1922 was underway in November of last year and that the project would be helmed by Zak Hilditch ( These Final Hours ) and star Thomas Jane ( The Punisher , The Mist ) and Molly Parker ( The Road ) with Dylan Schmid, Kaitlyn Bernard, Brian D'Arcy James, and Neal McDonough.
King spoke to Yahoo Movies about 1922 as well as the many other adaptations that are currently in development, including Andres Muschietti's hotly anticipated IT remake , which opens tomorrow in theaters.
The tale is told from the perspective of Wilfred James, the story's unreliable narrator who admits to killing his wife, Arlette, with his son in Nebraska.
It is unclear if the rough-cut that King saw included the score, which was done by famed musical chameleon and Faith No More front man, Mike Patton .
- The Trailer For 'Gerald's Game,' Netflix's New Stephen King Movie, Will Give ...Decider
- Netflix's New Stephen King Adaptation 'Gerald's Game' Is Here And It Looks IntenseLADbible
- Stephen King's New Netflix Movie, Gerald's Game, Gets Tense First TrailerGameSpot
- The Gerald's Game Trailer Will Probably Give You NightmaresParade
- Watch the Freaky First Trailer for the Stephen King Netflix Thriller 'Gerald's ...Maxim
- Carla Gugino Takes Center Stage in 'Gerald's Game' TrailerSignature Reads
- 'Gerald's Game': First Trailer For Stephen King's Kinky Sex Movie Will ...moviepilot.com
- TRAILER: “Gerald's Game”, Netflix Movie Filmed in Mobile, AlabamaWKRG
- Stephen King Praises Netflix's 'Super Creepy' 1922 AdaptationScreen Rant