Mr. Carton sought the investments last year around the time he also accrued millions of dollars’ worth of gambling debts to casinos and other parties, the Securities and Exchange Commission said in a civil complaint filed on Wednesday.
Continue reading the main story The station’s owner, CBS Radio, said it had suspended Mr. Carton pending an investigation and was cooperating with the authorities.
The acting United States attorney in Manhattan, Joon H. Kim, said Mr. Carton and his co-defendant, Michael Wright, “deceived investors and raised millions of dollars through misrepresentation and outright lies.”
As Mr. Carton left the courthouse, wearing a white sweatshirt with the hood pulled down, he was swarmed by camera crews and a larger crowd of reporters, who chased him as he zigzagged down the block.
Mr. Carton provided to one investor fake agreements for entities that he or an associate controlled to buy millions of dollars’ worth of tickets to forthcoming concerts by Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Roger Waters, Metallica and Barbra Streisand, the S.E.C.
- Stitches: Sports Pope smokes CartonNew York Post
- Little Scam Takes Down Sports-Talk Big Mouth Craig CartonDaily Beast
- Details on the Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme That Led to Craig ...Yahoo Sports
- NBC Sports' Lead Baseball Writer on Craig Carton Arrest: 'Pardon Me if I Die ...Yahoo Sports
- Craig Carton suspended from WFAN after Ponzi scheme arrestNew York Post
- 'Boomer & Carton' Co-Host Craig Carton Suspended Amid Fraud ChargesCBS New York
- Craig Carton Allegedly Arranged Ticket Scam To Pay Huge Casino DebtsDeadspin
- 'Boomer and Carton' co-host Craig Carton arrestedFox5NY
- WFAN Host Craig Carton Allegedly Defrauded New York-Based Brigade Capital ...Sports Illustrated