When the fifth Super Bowl banner gets unveiled tonight, it’ll be another reminder that the dynasty built in Foxboro under Bill Belichick will go down as one of the most dominant runs in NFL history.
Five Super Bowl titles in 17 seasons has etched a permanent place in NFL annals for Belichick and Tom Brady.
Since 2001, the Patriots have recorded 16 straight winning seasons with at least nine victories, tied for the longest streak in NFL history.
That the Patriots faced those challenges along the way makes their five Super Bowl titles and the 16-season run of winning records since the turn of the millennium all the more impressive.
But along the way to that goal, it’d be a nice addition to their resume to notch the longest stretch of consecutive seasons with at least nine wins by doing it for the 17th straight year.
- Destination, Minneapolis: Patriots an ever-present road block to Super Bowl LIIMinneapolis Star Tribune
- NFL season set to kick off with Chiefs-PatriotsSTLtoday.com
- New England Patriots are back in spotlight Thursday in NFL season opener ...Los Angeles Times
- Six games that could be potholes for Patriots in 2017USA TODAY
- Miller: Tom Brady and NFL kick off another season of concussion dilemmaOCRegister
- NFL, NFLPA review of film, records shows no Brady concussionBangor Daily News
- NFL on TV today (9/7/17): What time, channel is Kansas City Chiefs vs. New ...NJ.com
- Tom Brady's brainRutland Herald
- Bold predictions: Star Tribune experts make AFC, NFC and Super Bowl picksMinneapolis Star Tribune