The Dodgers’ formerly reliable and still deliberate reliever gave up two runs in the 10th inning on Tuesday, with the Arizona Diamondbacks extending their winning streak to 12 games in a 3-1 victory over the Dodgers.
After winning 21 consecutive series, the Dodgers have lost four in a row — to the Diamondbacks twice, the San Diego Padres and Milwaukee Brewers .
Baez, who is in jeopardy of pitching his way off the postseason roster, was booed off the Dodger Stadium mound for the second consecutive night.
In the seventh inning, with the score tied, 1-1, Cody Bellinger fell to one knee in trying to launch-angle a bad pitch out of the ballpark.
In the ninth, Chris Taylor was thrown out trying to tag up from first base and advance to second on a fly ball to center field.
- D-backs beat slumping Dodgers 3-1 in 10 for 12th straightUSA TODAY
- Dodgers lose for 10th time in 11 games against surging DiamondbacksOCRegister
- Dodgers can't catch a break in latest lossTrue Blue LA
- The scaring of the Los Angeles DodgersComcast SportsNet Bay Area
- Preview #139: Arizona Diamondbacks @ Los Angeles DodgersAZ Snake Pit
- Dodgers mailbag: Is it time to panic?Los Angeles Times
- How the Diamondbacks rallied to become baseball's most dangerous teamYardbarker
- LEADING OFF: Marlins leave ahead of Irma, Red Sox-Yanks flapThe Sun Herald
- After Smashing Four Home Runs, JD Martinez Has D-Backs Looking Dangerously GoodYahoo Sports