Elon Musk spent part of his Labor Day weekend tweeting about World War III.
Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, speaks during the International Space Station Research and Development Conference at the Omni Shoreham Hotel July 19, 2017 in Washington, DC.
North Korea “should be low on our list of concerns for civilizational existential risk,” Musk said in one of a series of posts on Twitter early Monday.
In another reply on Twitter, Musk speculated that an AI system could choose to start a war “if it decides that a prepemptive [sic] strike is most probable path to victory.”
In the process, Musk has clashed with at least one fellow tech billionaire: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Elon Musk predicts World War III—but not for the reason you might guessMarketWatch
- Elon Musk predicts World War III10News
- Elon Musk Predicts The Cause Of World War III (And It's Not Donald Trump)HuffPost
- Musk thinks AI race could ignite WWIIIThe Hill (blog)
- Elon Musk says artificial intelligence arms race most likely to cause World ...ABC Online
- Artificial Intelligence will likely spark World War 3: Elon MuskDeccan Chronicle
- Elon Musk predicts artificial intelligence may trigger World War IIIFinancial Express
- After Putin's AI Comments, Elon Musk Imagines World War IIIThe Moscow Times
- Elon Musk has a worrying prediction about World War IIIBT.com