An eclectic combination of the mythical and science fiction, Destiny is set in the far future, where mankind is near extinction — driven back to their home planet Earth and protected by a mysterious sphere only known as ‘The Traveller’.
Destiny 2 opens with the last city on Earth falling to a force known as the Red Legion, a faction of the militaristic aliens called the Cabal, led by Dominus Ghaul.
Destiny melds concepts of the Knights of the Round Table, with its own versions of mythical creatures like elves, goblins, orcs, faeries and more.
There are three aspects to Destiny: one is the large, epic storyline that’s in the form of Player vs Enemy (PvE), single-player missions where you hop around the solar system, killing all sorts of evil.
That does mean that if you’re a long-time Destiny player on console you will be losing out on a lot of progress, including the fact that you can’t import your beloved character.
- Destiny 2 release: this is when Destiny 2 goes live on PS4 and Xbox One in ...VG247
- We're giving away a Destiny 2 Limited Edition and we want you to win itCritical Hit
- Destiny 2 Unlock Times for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, When Can You Play?SegmentNext
- Destiny 2 trailer primes audience on game's appealThe Star Online
- Destiny 2 Trailer Gives Us a Brief Look at Lore and Story-Based AdventuresPush Square (registration)
- 'Destiny 2' updates: New fast travel map and level gap details revealedBlasting News
- Seven Ways Destiny 2 Evolves the FranchiseIGN Africa
- Conquer Destiny 2 in Stunning 4K HDRIGN Africa
- Discover Adventures in Destiny 2Hardcore Gamer