That was all Ucla needed: one drive, one bit of confidence, one way to slow down the unrelenting Aggie pass rush that was bringing pressure from all over the field.
Starkel suffered a leg injury early in the third quarter and was carted off, replaced by true freshman Kellen Mond , who played sparingly in the first half in a change-of-pace role.
It allowed UCLA to focus on the zone read, make Texas A&M one-dimensional and prevent running backs Trayveon Williams and Keith Ford from having the same kind of success in the second half that they had in the first.
It was confirmation of the ice running through Rosen's veins was cooler than a polar bear's toe nail, and the real factor in the game wasn't whether he could pull off this comeback, but if he'd get the time.
- Rosen, UCLA Overcome 34-Point Deficit to Top Texas A&M 45-44U.S. News & World Report
- I wish UCLA could just hire Chip Kelly before Week 2 startsSB Nation
- Whicker: Josh Rosen, UCLA Bruins pull an incredible 180OCRegister
- Recruits soak in UCLA's amazing come-from-behind win over TAMU247Sports
- UCLA scores 35 unanswered points to beat Texas A&M, 45-44Los Angeles Times
- Texas A&M blows 34-point lead in loss to UCLAHouston Chronicle
- WATCH: Josh Rosen pulls a Dan Marino with fake spike for TD to shock Texas A&MCBSSports.com
- 5 takeaways: Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin has the hottest seat in football after ...Dallas News
- Josh Rosen, UCLA storm back from 34-point deficit to stun Texas A&MUSA TODAY