That means the Theodore Roosevelt roughly has 10 percent more cargo capacity than the COSCO Development, which briefly held the record for largest ship to visit the U.S. East Coast when it docked at Savannah and other ports in May.
U.S. factories expanded at a brisk pace in August, a likely sign of strength for the U.S. economy as new orders, production and employment all improved.
The Institute for Supply Management said Friday that its manufacturing index rose to its highest level since April 2011, pointing to solid economic growth.
August was "a really strong month," Timothy Fiore, chair of ISM's manufacturing business survey committee, said in a telephone interview.
A South Carolina couple is suing online retailer Amazon over what they claim were faulty pairs of eclipse glasses that resulted in eye injuries, headaches and blurry vision.
- Honda reaches $605 million settlement over defective Takata air bagsThe Japan Times
- Honda owners to get up to $500, rental cars in Takata air bag settlementUSA TODAY
- Honda to Pay $484 Million in Air Bag Malfunction SettlementBloomberg
- Honda reaches $605 million US settlement over Takata air bagsReuters
- Honda will pay $605 million in a settlement over Takata air-bag flawsBusiness Insider
- Honda Settles Takata Air Bag Claims for $605 MillionFortune
- Honda owners could get up to $500 in air bag settlementAsahi Shimbun
- Honda Reaches $605 Million Takata Air-Bag SettlementWall Street Journal (subscription)
- Honda reaches $605m settlement over Takata airbagsFinancial Times