If the experts who installed the Huskies as 27½-point favorites are correct (and spoiler alert: they are), UW will have all the high points, and the Scarlet Knights will be absent any solutions.
Last September, UW opened its season against a Rutgers team that would go on to have a 2-10 record, including a winless mark in the Big Ten.
Now they face a Rutgers team that is purported to be improved, with a new offensive coordinator and senior Kyle Bolin, a Louisville transfer, at quarterback.
When Rutgers was scheduled for this home-and-home series four years ago, the Scarlet Knights were coming off a nine-win season in 2012 and six wins in 2013. Who knew back then they’d slip-slide into such irrelevancy?
Cohen deserves credit for making that happen last August, a task that required negotiations with Nevada and North Dakota to move previously scheduled games.
- New Rideshare Partnership offers Rutgers Fans another Reason to CheerTAPinto.net
- Washington-Rutgers, Week 1: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (09/01/17)Landof10.com
- Washington vs. Rutgers, Week 1: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online ...DieHards
- Rutgers coach raises the bar but not in the traditional wayNew York Post
- Washington Huskies, with elevated expectations for 2017, have to win and win bigThe News Tribune (blog)
- Huskies look at revamped Rutgers offense as big 'unknown'The Daily Herald
- Husky quarterback Jake Browning seems primed for big season, starting Friday ...The Seattle Times
- Rutgers season tickets plummet 16 percent: Why? | Year-to-year analysisNJ.com
- John Rowe's 10 College Football questions entering Week 1NorthJersey.com