Minnesota and Buffalo meet Thursday, Aug. 31, in one of the night games the first week of the 2017 college football season.
Fleck comes to Minneapolis after leading Western Michigan to an unbeaten regular season and the Cotton Bowl.
On defense, Minnesota will likely rely on the linebackers, including Jonathan Celestin and Cody Poock.
The Gophers also allowed only 118 rushing yards per game last season, but will have three new starters on the defensive line.
Though Buffalo lost 1,000-yard rusher Jordan Johnson, sophomore Tyree Jackson is back.
- The answer to PJ Fleck's quarterback dilemma: hand the ball (often!) to Rodney ...Minneapolis Star Tribune
- UB-Minnesota capsuleBuffalo News
- Gophers' Conor Rhoda, Demry Croft to do delicate dance of two-quarterback systemMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Had he stayed, Tracy Claeys wasn't being set up to succeed as Gophers coach in ...Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Finally, Fleck's debut at Minnesota has arrivedWinona Daily News
- Gophers vs. Buffalo game day: Look for Gophers to overpower lower-rung MAC teamMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Gophers kick off Fleck era on Thursday nightKARE
- Hard to believe, but Gophers coach PJ Fleck getting more excited as kickoff ...TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- Gophers football: How does Minnesota stack up against Buffalo?St. Cloud Times