Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s impending retirement at the end of the 2017 NASCAR Cup Series season has been a talking point at every race, but this weekend in Darlington, he’ll finally take a backseat to someone else – his late father.
Dale Earnhardt Sr. gets a Victory Lane kiss from daughter Taylor Nicole after winning the March 1994 Cup Series race at Darlington Raceway.
Earnhardt Sr. practically owned Darlington throughout his Hall of Fame career, winning nine different Cup races there.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has placed in the top five at Darlington Raceway a handful of times and even finished second at the track in 2014, but he’s never been able to win.
88 Nationwide Chevrolet that he will drive Sunday in his final Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.
- NASCAR at Darlington: Vegas odds, fantasy advice, prediction, sleepers ...Sporting News
- NASCAR at Darlington: Playoff standings, TV schedule, qualifying drivers for ...Yahoo Sports
- Former track president marvels at Darlington throwback weekend's progressSCNow
- Darlington legend's grandson returns to work this weekendSCNow
- Twenty-five years ago, Darrell Waltrip's rain dance worked at a memorable ...Nascar
- Sunday's NASCAR Southern 500 at Darlington: What you need to knowCharlotte Observer
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes -- Darlington and Canadian TireESPN
- This week in auto racing for Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017Fairfield Daily Republic
- NBC Sports Announces Coverage of Darlington Raceway's NASCAR Cup SeriesBroadway World