Sidelined because of soreness in his throwing elbow, Dodgers Shortstop Corey Seager will not play the field during the three-game series against Arizona, manager Dave Roberts said before Tuesday’s game.
He wore a compression sleeve on his right arm during pregame workouts with the training staff before being the designated hitter during a game at Detroit on Aug. 18.
The injury to Seager occurred just as the team prepared to reinstate rookie Cody Bellinger from the 10-day disabled list.
Scott Kazmir , a Houston native, said he has made a series of charitable donations to his hometown as Hurricane Harvey continues to ravage the city and surrounding area.
Alex Wood will return from the disabled list Sunday, after missing a start because of inflammation in a chest joint.
- Peter Schrager: The Miami Dolphins could surprise this yearFOXSports.com
- Hill versus Godley might be pitchers' duel for Dodgers at DiamondbacksTrue Blue LA
- Preview #132: Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Los Angeles DodgersAZ Snake Pit
- SN50: Corey Seager elevates his game, still somehow remains under the radarSporting News
- Snake Bytes 8/29: Give Them a Hand. Or a Wrist.AZ Snake Pit
- Diamondbacks to donate proceeds from 50/50 raffle to Harvey reliefKPNX 12 News TV
- Arizona Diamondbacks to clash with Los Angeles Dodgers in three games seriesVenom Strikes
- Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks odds 2017: Los Angeles a road betting favorite for ...SB Nation
- Dodgers return to Diamondbacks' 'house' (Aug 29, 2017)FOXSports.com